Thank you for your interest in the 2017 greensboro holiday parade!
THE 2017 HOLIDAY PARADE HAS REACHED ITS CAPACITY. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
Parade Rules and Regulations:
- A completed application does NOT guarantee admittance to the parade. Applicants will be notified by October 27, 2017.
- If admitted to the 2017 Greensboro Holiday Parade, fees will apply:
- For Profit Entry Fee: $225.00
- Non-Profit Entry Fee: $150.00 (Proof required)
- Parade entry fees are non-refundable
- Accepted applicants will be sent payment information following October 27, 2017.
- Accepted applicants must pay entry fee by November 10, 2017 or forfeit spot in the parade.
- Entries will close at the discretion of the organizers.
- Line-up begins at 10:00 a.m. and the parade will begin promptly at 12:00 noon.
- Entries must be present by 11:30 a.m. to participate.
- NOTE: Entries including people dressed as Santa Claus, Father or Sister Christmas will not be allowed to participate. Multiple Santa's easily confuse children.
- Only band entries will have an opportunity to perform for up to 90 seconds in front of the Show Wagon, located at the intersection of Greene and Market.
- THE PARADE WILL GO ON RAIN, SHINE OR SNOW. It may be cold. Please be prepared.
- If an entry wishes to distribute candy throughout the parade route, it must be done in an orderly and safe fashion. Individuals may be designated to walk along with the group to distribute candy. If candy is thrown, it MUST be thrown toward the ground, as close to the crowd as possible. CANDY AND OTHER ITEMS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM BEING THROWN FROM THE ENTRY VEHICLE.
- At the end of the Parade, DO NOT STOP at the intersection of Lindsay and Church - please keep going to your vehicles/parking and enjoy the afternoon downtown!
- Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops should work together as one entry.
- Entries with horses will not be accepted.
- Entries with cars will be limited to 4 cars and will be required to ride side-by-side.
- Dance teams are first come, first serve. The Greensboro Holiday Parade committee seeks to have a variety of groups and may limit the number of dance troops at their discretion.